Sunday, November 16, 2008

The days are getting shorter

It is getting that time of year when the sun sets around here at 5pm. Fog becomes a normal part of the day if you are away from the coastal breezes. It is also a time for the Pacific Ocean to produce some dandy winter storms. High winds are often a concern in my area as they cause trees to snap and power lines to go down.

I have often thought about getting an emergency power generator especially after being without power for 3 days 2 winters ago. Our cell phones are always charged up and I have learned to keep a good supply of batteries on hand at all times. I have several hand crank flashlights and a couple of mag lights as well. You can never have too many flashlights where I live. Surefire Flashlights are a must in an emergency.

I wouldn't mind the power outages so much if it wasn't a case of not having water when the power goes out. I am on well water and the well pump runs on electricity. Yep, even though I don't live in the water I still need it to live - we all do.

No comments: