Monday, February 9, 2009

Tide pool hopping


A wonderful clear day at the Oregon coast a few days ago. The storms are coming in again but for just a few days we had our annual winter "heat wave". Anything above 50 degrees is a heat wave on the Oregon coast during the winter months.

The tide pools were teaming with life. I had a new colleague with me and she was not the type that was cut out for the rugged outdoors. I caught her popping, what she called the best diet pills money could buy and I just shook my head. I told her that a few hours around the tide pools and she would never again need any kind of pills to get thin. In fact she might need to eat more since our work would require lots of energy.

She found out that marine life study requires more than just cataloging and observation, it also requires you to be physically fit.

No comments: