Thursday, April 10, 2008

Photography

I have mentioned that I am looking for a new digital camera to replace one that broke. I have been taking photos since I was about 10 years old and soon became the family photographer. Around the age of 15 I started to take more "artistic" types of photos, experimenting with light and angles. Over the years I have entered a few photography contests and have gotten as high as honorable mention but never placed. For me I thought that it was quite an accomplishment. At first the photos were of the family cat but soon progressed to landscapes with seascapes becoming my favorite.

I have several books on the subject but since technology is always out pacing the books I look for more current info. I have found a Digital Photography Forum where I can find out more information about using digital cameras. The same website also has a Photography Forum for general information. I have definitely bookmarked the website and plan on visiting it often.

I have better get my act together and decide on which digital camera to get so I can head out to the coast to watch the whale migration.

No comments: