Did you know that people that eat whale blubber have a lower chance of artery problem and heart disease? Here is a short list of facts about whale blubber-
- Blubber was used after processing into oil for lamps, cosmetics and soaps.
- Blubber insulates the whale against hypothermia.
- When a whale needs energy it uses its' blubber fat burners to turn the blubber into energy
- A Blue whale can have up to 50 tons of blubber
- Since whales are at the top of the food chain, recent studies of blubber have revealed that it contains a high amount of mercury, PCB's and other toxic chemicals. It is thought that industrial pollution is to blame.