Friday, April 2, 2010

Water wings

A fellow college student in my advanced PE class has decided she wants to be a swimming instructor. The only thing holding her back is the fact she can barely swim. That has not stopped her however. She has enrolled in a swimming instructor class. She just barely passed the swimming test yesterday and next Tuesday she has to tread water with a 10 pound weight between her knees.

I have yet to find out how much the pay is for the instructor position that she wants this coming summer but I bet it is pretty good. She is already a fitness instructor for several of the college courses so she is in great condition.

So far she loves the fact that while she is enrolled in the course she has unlimited access to the swimming pool and spas. It was at the end of her first class session that she had a run in with one of the spa covers and ended up in an embarrassing position in the pool deck.

I can't wait until I hear about how she manages to pass the treading water test. I'll just have to wait until next week to find out.

No comments: