Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nothing says Merry Christmas like the sound of gunfire

While most of you are enjoying your Christmas morning surrounded by the sound of children giggling with delight at opening toy gifts or adults sharing stories about those odd custom made corporate gifts they received at the office, I am subjected to the sound of gunfire.

No I am not spending Christmas Day in a war zone, nor am I located in a high crime inner city. I live in what most people consider to be the peaceful countryside in rural America. The gunfire is made by children who's parents and relatives have given the gift of a rifle for Christmas.

All I ask is that no animals are harmed but in my heart I know that the rifle was bought to kill and not for shooting at hay bales with targets on them. Tomorrow I will read about all about the injuries or listen to the neighbors boast about their 7 year old's target practice.

Have a Merry Christmas.

No comments: